Thursday, October 2, 2014

The 119th Dear _____ Post

Dear Stop Sign, I hit you the other night on my way home, totally uprooting you from your cemented in the ground home. Sorry about that...

Dear Car Insurance, This week I was reminded of just how important you are. I'm thankful that I wasn't physically hurt. And thanks to you, Car Insurance, I wasn't financially hurt either.

Dear Roasted Garlic Hummus, I found an inexpensive bowl of you the other night and snagged it up. Oh my goodness... So good!

Dear Big Al, You came to my school yesterday as part of our College and Career Readiness program. And I must say... You totally made a bunch of students' day. Thanks for being the cool elephant you are :)

Dear Incredibly Helpful, You're how I'd describe the people I work with. Much has changed in the field of Education, and more specifically, in the field of Special Education, since I left the U.S. 5 years ago. So I knew I'd have some catching up to do. But thankfully, I couldn't have asked for better colleagues. What a blessing they are!

Dear Ebola, I wonder how many people truly understand how you're contracted. ...because after reading the recent statuses of many of my Facebook friends, I've realized that many of them clearly don't.

Dear Photo a Day Prompts, I've started back using you this month. Why? You're fun prompts this month - the ABCs :)

Dear Navy, Guess who bought tickets to see you play football at the end of November. Yep, it's happening. My sweet Daddy and I are planning a Father Daughter Date to see the Navy vs South Alabama game. I can't wait!

Dear Interview, You're the next step in the process for me to get my first level of credentials with the Assemblies of God. You happen Monday, and if I'm being honest, I'm pretty nervous... I'm so not a big fan of interviews.

Dear Flowers, I love you. You're not the cheapest option for decor, though, even the cheap ones I buy at Wal-Mart. But you are a small splurge I allow myself every pay day. Thanks for brightening up my life :)

Dear Lady Cursing Out Her Children at Walmart, Seriously?! Your kids can't be more than 7 or 8 years old. And there you are - standing there loudly yelling at your babies. What kind of example are you setting for your kids? It broke my heart and took all I had not to say something. So instead of doing that, I stood there praying for those babies having to grow up with that type of filth spewed out at them.

Dear Senegal, I've missed you so much this week. Serious homesickness was happening this week...

Dear Eclectic, You're a city in Alabama, and you just so happen to be the city of the church where I'll be speaking tomorrow morning.  

Dear Anacronyms, There are so many of you in Special Education. LEA, LRE, SLP, AAA, MR (which is now ID), IQ, SLD, DD, BASC, and about a zillion more. Those are just the ones I've used in conversations this week.

Dear Psychometry, I'm considering taking the necessary classes to get my certificate in you. I can't decide for sure though...

Dear Not Set an Alarm, You're what I did this morning. Can I get an Amen? :)

Dear IHOP, You're where I'm headed in a little while. Thanks to payday being this week, I have a little money to play with. So I'm treating the parentals to a yummy breakfast that none of us had to cook. It's a win win! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment