Thursday, October 9, 2014

Alphabet Soup

I've seen this "Alphabet Soup" post floating around blogger land a few times now, so I thought I'd join in the fun.

The idea is to keep the bolded prompts and then finish each sentence with your own words. Make it about you!

Here we go...
 

The ABCs of me - I...

...always have my GPS on when driving. I need all the help I can get :)

...buy a lot of gasoline for my car, or so it seems since I feel like I'm always at the gas station.

...cannot stand hate and racism.

...draw horribly. 

...especially like my mom's cooking.

...finally found a pre-made hummus here that I like!

...gave away quite a bit when I left Dakar. I can't imagine how many suitcases it would've taken to get all my stuff back if I had not have done so.

...have a passion for working with children, seeing them grow in life - academically, spiritually...

...ignore people on Facebook making comments about cultural and foreign stuff they clearly don't understand. ...or at least I try to.

...juggle work and family and ministry and personal time and do pretty well at it most of the time. Although sometimes I feel like an octopus, being pulled in so many directions :)

...kind of want a vacation.

...love being so close to my family.

...might be contemplating furthering my education. Why? I'm crazy, I guess. I'm looking into scholarship opportunities now, so we'll see...

...never imagined I'd like working at my school as much as I do. It's such a great place. I'm really blessed.

...order (ordered) a great book last week to start reading/studying. It's called Driven to Distraction and is all about workin with individuals with ADHD.

...probably will start a special secret DIY project for one of my nieces this weekend. I can't wait! :)

...question a lot. I'm like a three year old, asking Why all the time :)

...remember little unless I write it down. ...except for birthdays. You tell me your birthday and I'll most likely never ever forget it.

...started recently "forcing" myself to read every night before bed for fun

...text more than I call, since I'm not the biggest fan of talking on the phone.

...understand French far better than I can speak it.

...very rarely sleep late. ...one of the negatives of being a teacher, I suppose. 

...wish we went to school only 4 days a week and not 5. How cool would it be to have a 3-day weekend every single weekend?!

...x-citedly look forward to my Saturday afternoon nap. How sad is that? :)

...yearn for an easier life at time.

...zoom through a magazine the first time I read it, looking for highlights. Then the second time, I take my time and read everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment