Friday, October 31, 2014

La soupe d'alphabet

I...

...accepted a challenge from a friend to write a blog post a day for one full month. So far I've done well. This is day 23 and I'm still going strong :)

...will be in Birmingham today, playing chauffeur for my parents since my dad has doctors appointments there. By the way... I hate Birmingham traffic.

...think mint chocolate chip milkshakes from Jack's are amazing! It's just too bad that they're loaded with sugar and calories, making me not be able to have them very often.

...dove into the world of compound nouns with some of my students this week. They definitely had fun. Here's hoping they learned something too :)

...will be in Evergreen tomorrow, taking my last Berean class for this level of certification.

...has had Friday, by Rebecca Black stuck in my head since it came on the radio yesterday. It is catchy. I'll give it that...

...will get paid today!! Can I get an amen? :)

...ate at a "home cookin" style restaurant yesterday while in Montgomery. Y'all... Their food almost beat my Mama's :)

...started watching The Incredible Dr. Pol this week. My parents told me about this show, so I thought I'd give it a try. I must say. It is a pretty good show.

...love this Joy Dare Challenge that I'm doing with a few ladies. It's such a good reminder to focus on the positives in life - the things that bring us joy - especially when we're feeling down. 

...am planning to kick soft drinks to the curb next week. Wish me luck.

...learned so very much at my workshop yesterday. I'm so thankful for opportunities like this to learn and grow as a Special Education teacher.

...was in Montgomery, our state capitol, all day yesterday for a workshop. 

...will be buying my dad a Navy hat, which he requested, for when we go to the Navy game at the end of November. 

...feel like October just flew by. Where did the time go?

...am planning to go to Starbucks as soon as my dad gets called back for his appointment. Yay for one being in the hospital lobby :)

...asked a lot of questions on the way back yesterday since I was with the head Special Ed. lady for our school system. She was so sweet and patient, though, and answered every one, never making me feel like I was being annoying by asking so many.

...remember being a little girl and setting up a "school" in my bedroom and "teaching" my baby dolls and stuffed animals. I have always wanted to be a teacher.

...will be sitting and studying while in the waiting rooms for my dad's appointments today. Tomorrow is my last class and I want to be sure I'm well-prepared.

...am thrilled for my friend, her husband, and little boy who found out this week that she's pregnant with a girl! Yay for hair bows, baby dolls, and all things pink :)

...am totally unimpressed with how the majority of American media is handling the Ebola issue. 

...rode in a van with 2 other teachers, our system's Soecial Ed. Coordinator, and our system's Psychometrist yesterday to/from Montgomery yesterday. Yay for saving my car's gas! 

...sat in a workshop from 8:00 to 3:00 yesterday (minus a lunch break). It's a good thing I enjoy learning more about my job :)

...was eXcited to watch the 2-hour Duggar wedding special this past Tuesday. And yes, I did cry. I love that show!

...have noticed the term, YOLO, being used incorrectly by so many kids lately. Do they not realize what those letters stand for?

...wanted to make zucchini bread this weekend, but I haven't been able to find a good recipe. Anyone reading this have one I could use?

No comments:

Post a Comment