Tuesday, October 28, 2014

If I Made a Mixtape...

While looking for ideas for future blog posts, I came across this prompt, and thought it'd be a fun one to write about.

Who remembers making mixtapes? 


I totally remember sitting in front of my boom box (yes, boom box) with the radio on, a blank tape in the cassette holder, and my finger poised over the record button, ready to catch my favorite song as it came on. 


Along the way, tapes gave way to CDs and then eventually those CDs gave way to an iPod. 

And now instead of a mix tape, I have playlists on my iPhone.


I have quite the eclectic collection of music. There are many different genres. There are soft, mellow songs and then there are songs with more of a loud beat that doesn't allow you to simply sit still. There are songs that are happy, sad, and some that are even a little weird. There are songs in English, French, Wolof, and even one in Hungarian.

I love hooking my iPhone up to my car stereo and listening to music as I drive. Or if I'm not driving, I love putting on my headphones and just "escaping" from reality. 


And now to answer a few mix tape song questions...

1. What song makes you laugh?

I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan


2. What song makes you happy?

On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons


3. What song do you listen to every day?

What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction


4. What song brings you closer to God?

10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman


5. What song brings back an "inside" memory - one that is your very own secret?

Peaches by New Heights


6. What song reminds you of home?

I have 2...

Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd


and Africa by Toto


7. Put your iTunes on shuffle. What are the first two songs that come on?

The 12 Days of Christmas by Straight No Chaser


Marry Me by Train (I love love love this song!)




P.S. Thanks Google Images (and my iPhone screenshots) for the pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment