Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The 120th Dear ____ Post

Dear Interview, You happened earlier this week. You were the 2nd of the last 3 steps in the process of getting my Certified Minister's license with the Assemblies of God. Thankfully you weren't quite as intense and "scary" as I thought you'd be.

Dear Wisdom and Guidance, You're what  I feel I left having gained on Monday. It was so nice getting to talk to pastors, some of whom have been preaching for longer than I've even been alive. To hear their stories of God's love and provision, His mercy and guidance, His grace and forgiveness... It truly was a humbling experience. And I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be just a small part of it.

Dear GPS, I know I've written to you before, but I just wanted to publicly acknowledge, once again, just how awesome you are to me. My directionally challenged self wouldn't make it if it weren't for you. So thank you!

Dear Octopus, I was telling someone the other day that you're what I feel like sometimes. ...like I'm being pulled in a million different directions. Here's hoping this feeling doesn't stick too long...

Dear Preaching in Alabama, You're the title of a new tv show on TLC. I watched you on Tuesday, but I don't know that I'll be watching you again. You highlight the life of a family who is planting a church in north Alabama. I looked them up and even with that, and watching the show, I'm still not really sure what they believe... 

Dear Doctorate, I keep having people ask me if I'm going to get you. Originally, I was quick to offer a response of "no," but I don't know. If I had the money AND if I could find a school that had the degree I want...

Dear Duck Dynasty Mousepad, Since you were only $1 and I needed a mousepad for work, I bought you. Well, earlier this week one of my students had a fit over you. Apparently I earned major cool points with him by having you on my desk. I've never seen a kid get so excited :)

Dear Totally Rework My Schedule, You're what I had to do yesterday afternoon. It's amazing how adding only 3 students to my caseload made me have to totally redo my schedule. It's like a puzzle. If one piece doesn't fit, the entire puzzle doesn't work. But I got it.

Dear Leggings, You were never meant to replace pants. Why do ladies not realize this? I don't get the fashion trend that is you paired with a t-shirt. It looks like you're wearing pajamas...or workout clothes...or sometimes nothing at all, depending on the color of the leggings. I just don't get it...

Dear Halloween, It's been nice being out of the country the past 5 years while you were happening. I've been happy to miss all the creepiness that goes along with you. Can we just fast forward to November?

Dear My Nieces, You're coming over later today, so we can hang out and provide your Mommy and Daddy the opportunity to go out to celebrate their anniversary. I can't wait!

Dear 6 Years Today, You're how long ago my brother and sister-in-law got married. It seems like just yesterday. I've never met two people who are more right for each other, and share such amazing love for each other.

Dear Isaiah 53:4-7, You popped up in so many different things I read and heard this past week. I've been saved longer than not, but this passage always blows my mind. Jesus did not have to die, but He did. Jesus didn't just die a "simple and easy" death for us. No... He was beaten HORRIBLY. Why? ...for us! ...for you and me! I just can't fathom that amount of love. He loved us so much that He was willing to die such a horrible, horrible death for us.

Dear Jesus, Thank you! I fail You daily. Yet, You still love me. I know in repeating myself here, but it's all so true. Thank You Jesus for living someone as unworthy as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment