Thursday, October 11, 2012

October Photo Challenge Day 11

Today's prompt is "Something Close-Up"


This is a close-up shot of my mailbox in our teacher's lounge. When I checked it at lunch, I found a note taped to the outside that read, "Long Weekend Survival Kit." Then I opened it up and found a few of my favorite snacks inside. I'd planned on going away with a few friends this weekend, but earlier this week made the annoying responsible decision to stay home since I had quite a bit of school work (as a teacher and as a student) to do. When I told my friends I needed to stay home, I told them I was pretty sad about it since I would've really loved a weekend away. But it was more important for me to stay home and do work. So one of my sweet friends filled my box with goodies to help me "survive" my long weekend of work. Seriously - this made my day! It's always nice to know someone cares about you :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And in case you're wondering what the October Photo Challenge is, you can find the list here. It looks like fun and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment