Saturday, October 6, 2012

The 33rd Dear _____ Post

Dear 75, You're the number of days left 'til I get to meet my niece! Excited doesn't even begin to cover how I feel about that! :)

Dear Kids Club, You started this past Wednesday. It's been my dream to see this happen since I arrived at DA in 2009. Everything seemed to go smoothly. The kids were happy. The High School volunteers were happy. The adults were happy. There were 68 kids there Wednesday and the only crier was a sweet little homeschool guy who has never been in a large group of kids like that and didn't want his mommy to leave. ...totally understandable. :) But other than that, it really was awesome! I couldn't have asked for a better first day!

Dear Bacon Cheeseburger, I had you last night at a school function. ...so delicious! :)


Dear Halloween, I'm just not a big fan of you. I just think there's too much bad associated with you. And no, I won't judge someone that does celebrate you. It's just my own personal "thing" that I don't agree with celebrating you Halloween.

Dear Frozen Cookie Dough Balls (minus the eggs, so they're safe to eat), You are my new favorite dessert. Oh my goodness...so absolutely, positively, totally, incredibly delicious! I love 'em! :)

Dear Christmas Music, I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing you. That's why I started playing you this week. No, I'm not skipping Thanksgiving. Yes, I will be decorating for Fall/Thanksgiving this weekend. No, I will not start decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. But, yes, I will listen to Christmas music as much as I can. Why? ...because I can :)

Dear Hottest Month of the Year, You've arrived. Between the intense heat of the sun and the extremely high humidity occurring every day, I say... Boo to you Hottest Month of the Year! Boo to you!

Dear Packages from Home, I got 2 of you this week. There were all sorts of goodies... Fall decorations, Christmas decorations, Christmas books for my class, magazines, pink lemonade, ranch, decaf tea...all sorts of awesomeness :)

Dear Loose and Wiggly Teeth, You're showing up a lot in my 1st grade class. I'm soooo not a big fan. And for whatever reason kids LOVE showing you off. So each time I have to choke back my gagging, put my brave face on, smile, and tell them how awesome it is that their tooth is wiggling like that. Ugh! It makes me queasy now just thinking about it...

Dear Graduation, I got an e-mail giving me all sorts of important info about you. I realize there are far more important things in this world to worry about, but it still makes me sad that I'm going to miss you. I've worked my tail off for 3 years to get my Master's degree and yes, I am a little sad that I can't walk across that stage to get my diploma. :( ...that is, unless someone has an extra $1000 lying around they'd like to send my way :) Kidding...

No comments:

Post a Comment