Thursday, October 25, 2012

You've Got A Friend In Me

Source

When I saw the comic above, I was inspired to write this post. Most people that have watched Toy Story 3 say that it left them teary eyed and feeling nostalgic. I think we all have that toy. You know... the one that we had when we were little. ...the one that's "buried" in our parent's attic. ...the one that stayed awake while we slept and fought all the monsters that were hiding under our beds. ...the one that comforted us when we were sad. For some it was a teddy bear. For some it was a doll. For some it was an action figure.

For me, it was this bear.


Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Teddy. I got him on my second Christmas from these people. Side note...wasn't I cute? :)


This is my Papa and Nannie. ...some of the greatest grandparents EVER! :)

Anyways... Teddy is now almost 26 years old. He's had a couple "surgeries" and has lost a bit of his fluffiness. But overall, he's in pretty good shape for being such an old guy. He's followed me through moving close to 20 times. He's comforted me when I was sad. He's been a friend when there wasn't a human version around. And even though I only see him when I'm in the States for short visits once or twice a year, I know he'll be at my parent's house waiting on me. And if I'm being honest, I'd have to say that seeing him makes me a smile a little bit each time. :)

So what did you think of after seeing Toy Story 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment