Saturday, October 27, 2012

The 36th Dear ______ Post

Dear 54, You're the number of days left 'til I get to meet my niece! (Insert happy, excited face here)

Dear Dinner with a Student's Family, You're what I went to this past Tuesday night. Thanks for the delicious food, the laughs, the fun movie, and the time spent with such a sweet family!

Dear David (from the Bible), I wonder what was going through your mind when you fought Goliath. How did you have such awesome faith and trust in God? I want to be more like you.

Dear October Photo Challenge, You are so much fun. I'm loving checking my prompt every morning and looking for ways during the day to meet it. And it's fun to have friends asking me during the day what the day's prompt is. YAY for people actually reading my blog! :)

Dear No School, You're what we had yesterday. I slept late, sat on my couch with 2 fans pointed at me while I did grad school work, ate lunch & took a nap, then did more grad school work 'til time for dinner. Did I enjoy myself? Yep, surprisingly enough, I did.

Dear Offering by Third Day, You've become my new favorite song. I'm pretty sure I have you memorized since I put you on repeat a lot of the time during my planning times in my classroom and during my afternoon/evening at home.

Dear Training in More than One Educational Field, I'm so thankful for you. You definitely come in handy quite often in my job.

Dear Falling, You need to stop happening in my life. This makes 3 times just since school got back. And I used most of my off day yesterday icing my foot. Seriously, I'm such a klutz sometimes. But I will say...the kid that wanted to try and help me up and brush off the dirt on my pants was the sweetest thing ever! :)

Dear Jeans, Thanks to falling on concrete last night, I got a small hole in you. Normally, it wouldn't matter, but Jeans, you're my only pair here in Dakar. Boo :( ...of course, due to it being ridiculously hot in Dakar right now, I rarely ever wear jeans since they make me immediately start sweating. Not to mention, I'll be going to the States in December and can buy a new pair then, so waiting 2 months isn't that big of a deal :)

Dear Dinner with my A/G Family in Dakar, You're what I had last night. I had such a fun time! Thanks for the good food and the laughs.

Dear Pillsbury Strawberry Cake Mix and Frosting, I made you last night for my contribution to dinner. I so love you. Too bad you're not sold here :( Side note...Anyone reading this blog that would like to buy me some and mail it to me may feel free to do so. 

Dear Retarded (the word being used in a joking manner), It makes me absolutely positively FURIOUS when I hear people call people by your name in a joking manner. Seriously, my blood pressure's rising just typing this. It's not funny. Honestly, if you do this, you're making yourself sound totally ignorant and immature. This is one of my biggest pet peeves and since I've seen a few articles lately about people connected with the presidential elections and debates using this word so casually, I felt the "need" to write about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment