Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Photo Challenge Day 16

Today's prompt is "Something you wrote..." 



I meet with a group of co-workers every week for a Bible/Book study on Mark Batterson's book, Soulprint. The questions in the picture above are what our leader asked us last night. We're supposed to think about it and then come back next week and share. So I just wrote (well, typed) that on my iPad as I was rereading my notes from last night. 

What is the dream on my heart? 

I thought I'd be real with you peeps, my loyal blog readers and tell you the dream(s) God has placed on my heart. ...ranging from the "minor" and superficial to the "deep" and spiritual.

I have always dreamed of getting married and having a family. I've always dreamed of working side-by-side with my husband and our family on the mission field. I've always dreamed of working in an orphanage (maybe even as a teacher) in a poverty stricken country, caring for the kids that have been cast aside, abandoned, or just have had a string of "bad luck" which has left them with no one to look after them. 

And past my own selfish dreams... 

I dream of my family being healed. My parents have had, and still do have, major health concerns. I dream of those being healed and gone. I dream of them being healthy enough to travel to visit me here in Dakar, so I can show them the place I now call home. I dream of my grandparents being healed...of aunts and uncles and cousins being healed. 

I dream of my home country returning to its roots of putting God first. 

But most of all... I dream of my entire family accepting Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I dream of the day when during my prayer time, I won't have to ask for it to happen, but rather I can praise that it's already happened. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And in case you're wondering what the October Photo Challenge is, you can find the list here. It looks like fun and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment