Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Photo Challenge Day 17

 Today's prompt is "Fruit..."

Today in Kids Club I began a two-week "series" on the Fruit of the Spirit. We had a fun Bible lesson, a fun game, a fun song, and a fun chant to say. The kids all seemed happy throughout our time and one girl even remarked as she was leaving, "Miss Nichols I'm so full of joy about Kids Club just like the Fruit of the Spirit is joy." :) 

This is my 4th year at my school. From the beginning, I've wanted to restart the Kids Club. They had it "many moons" ago, but none of the current elementary aged kids were around then. Anyways - it's honestly been a dream of mine to see it happen. We are blessed with an awesome group of kids. We really are. And we're blessed that we are a Christian school and can have a Kids Club - a time when students can learn more about the ONE TRUE God and about the love He has for us. 

Today was our third session of Kids Club. I'm the leader. I have an awesome group of volunteers, whom I absolutely LOVE! ...seriously, can't get any better than them :)

But do you want to know the best part? The best part is seeing these kids get excited about the Word of God, about the love of Jesus Christ, about the joy of being a Christian. We have students that come from literally all over the world. We have students whose families hold a variety of religious backgrounds/practices. We have students whose only chance to hear about God and His Word is during school. 

And do you know what? I may be extremely tired by the time I leave on Wednesday afternoons. But it is so worth it. It is so worth it to see the joy on a child's face after hearing a Bible story or praying the sinner's prayer. 

Seriously...how awesome is that? :)

P.S. I do realize there's no picture for this post. That's because 1) I forgot to take one and 2) I believe the words speak louder than the picture would in this case. :) 




~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And in case you're wondering what the October Photo Challenge is, you can find the list here. It looks like fun and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment