Monday, October 22, 2012

October Photo Challenge Day 22

Today's prompt is "In Your Town.."

*a burned bus in downtown Dakar*
In my town right now there is rioting going on. Why? According to a message from the U.S. Embassy, "supporters of a well-known religious leader who is in police custody are protesting his relocation to a prison downtown." They go on to say, "Given the uncertainty of the potential for violence and exactly when and how large demonstrations may be, U.S. citizens are urged to exercise caution if traveling in the Dakar area..."

Stuff like this has happened before, and I'm sure will happen again. With things like this happening in town, the world would suggest I stay fearful and worried. But I'm not. Don't get me wrong. I use common sense and don't go around places where these types of events will be taking place. But I don't stay fearful for my life. Why? It's simple really...

Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

* Today's photo was taken by Amy Farley, a missionary friend here in Senegal. I forgot my camera at home and when I saw her picture on Facebook, I quickly asked if I could "borrow" it for this. 



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

And in case you're wondering what the October Photo Challenge is, you can find the list here. It looks like fun and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment