Thursday, September 29, 2016

5 (or more) Pictures

Today I'm linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. 

Today's prompt is...

Show us your top 5 pics of 2016 so far.

Confession time first though... 

I couldn't pick just 5. So I broke the rules :)

Anywho - On to the pictures...

1. I started the year working in Selma, Alabama with these 3 ladies. I had never in my life met such a hardworking group women. I am so thankful that they "took me in" and helped me in so many ways. I am so very grateful for the year and a half I had as their co-worker! Each one of them were indeed a true blessing in my life!



2. In February, I made the decision to come back to Senegal much earlier than originally planned. It was hard leaving my family and the comforts of "home," but I have not regretted it for one single second. What a gift the 10 kiddos (and the new ones this school year too) have been in my life! I am so grateful for my squirrely crew!



3. I love my mom. Not to sound totally cliche', but she really is my best friend. I had an amazing summer with her as my roadtrip buddy. It was such an encouragement to have her at every single church I spoke at this summer, encouraging and praying for me. Not to mention all the fun times we had together. I am truly blessed to be her daughter! That's something I definitely do not take for granted!



4. Being "Zizzie" to these two girls is one of my greatest blessings in life. I never imagined that being an aunt could feel so good. This picture became one of my favorites. I love how you can see the love shared between the two of them. And seeing little sister's admiration of big sister is so very sweet! What a joy these two are!



5. This ranks up there as one of my all-time most favorite pictures ever. This was taken the day I flew out in July. I'm so blessed to have these 5 as my family. 



6. I am blessed. God directed me to this photo at a particularly difficult time of my life over the summer. And it has stuck with me. Do I need to be reminded of this? Yes, often. In fact, I made it the picture I see each time I turn on my phone. But that's ok. God is patient and doesn't mind teaching me the same lesson over and over again ;)



7. And last, but certainly not least... I love this picture of my current class. I love it for so many reasons, but most of all, because it shows their personalities, their happiness/joy, their love of life and school and learning. And most of all... It shows 16 of the biggest blessings in my life right now. What a joy it is to teach this lovable crew!



Ok, so I was wrong. 7 wasn't the last one... :)

 We'll say that the honorable mention awards for my most favorite pictures of 2016 go to the following pictures (and their accompanying memories)...

 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment