Monday, September 5, 2016

Hello September



Today I'm joining Bailey at Braveloveblog, in my attempt to complete her annual Blogtember Challenge. This is where bloggers post every single day in the month of September, based off certain prompts Bailey provides. 


...except I'm cheating a bit. 

Instead of writing using today's prompt, I'm using Friday's since I missed it then.

The prompt was...

Share a list of your current goals.

I normally make a list of what I'm looking forward to saying Hello to each month. So I thought, that's sort of like goals. 

Right? 

I think so :)

Anywho, here's a little of what I'm saying Hello to this month...

*one*

 

I'm super excited to be saying Hello to Kids Club starting back up next week. I'm saying Hello to being the leader of this incredibly awesome ministry opportunity again. And I'm also happy to be able to say Hello to five adults, all willing to help me with Kids Club this year. The 6 of us have already met and looked over the curriculum I bought this summer and started planning and dividing up responsibilities. I'm looking forward to saying Hello to watching our kids at school drawing closer to the Lord and learning more about Him and His Word.

*two*Image result for what is normal

I'm also ready to say Hello to us finally hitting our stride, so to speak, in 5th grade. The first couple weeks were good, but due to schedule changes, meetings, assemblies, and lots and lots of absences due to various sicknesses, and extra things thrown in our days, and finally to me seeing the need to redo our whole schedule, I'm really ready to be able to hopefully say Hello to some time of "normal" soon. ...whatever normal may mean ;)

*three*

Image result for school holiday

Y'all, I do love my students. I do. But I sure do enjoy saying Hello to a day off at times too. And this month, I'll be saying Hello to not one, but two off days. We'll have a week from today off Tabaski (a Muslim holiday) and then we'll have a day off the following week for our annual DA Staff Retreat. So yay for days off! Although, I have to be honest. I'll probably still be saying Hello to doing a little work even on those off days. ...because that's just who I am :)

*four*

Image result for i love reading books

I'm looking forward to saying Hello to finally finishing a few books I started in August and then reading a few new ones too. I love to read, but I don't do it as much during the school year. So thanks to September allowing me to say Hello to a couple days off, one of which will include a weekend away, I'm looking forward to saying Hello to some "fun reading" time.

*five*

Image result for Just pray

Obviously I say Hello to praying every day. But for the rest of this month, I'm going to be focusing on saying Hello to praying more specifically about certain issues that affect myself and the ones I love. I'm going to be saying Hello to praying more and longer about these issues. How often do I first say Hello to asking a friend or a family member for advice before asking God. I have always been an external processor. I tend to work through my thoughts, feelings, and emotions by talking them out. But I need to spend just as much time, if not more praying about them as I do talking about them.

So there you have it. 

5 things I'm planning to say Hello to this month... 

What about you? 

What new things will you say Hello to in September?

Image result for hello september

No comments:

Post a Comment