Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Life Switch

Today I'm linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. 

Today's prompt is...

If you could switch lives with one person, who would you choose?

When I first read through the list of prompts and saw this one, I immediately had an idea of who I'd choose. I even had the post started. But then another thought came to mind. And thus, this post was born...

Some people may think this doesn't count, but it's my blog so I can write whatever I want. Right? ;)

So here was my idea...

I'd like to switch lives with the better version of myself. 

...the me who doesn't over-analyze every little thought or word or action.

...the me who goes straight to God for advice, before going to family/friends.

...the me who takes time to rest, refresh, and reenergize. 

...the me who doesn't sweat the small stuff.

...the me who is able to say "no" sometimes, especially when I'm already overloaded from saying "yes" a few too many times.

...the me who has great self-esteem.

...the me who doesn't care so much what other people think and who really only cares what God thinks.

...the me who doesn't just write a To Do List, but does a great job at prioritizing the list and then following it.

...the me who doesn't lie in bed, wide awake, rehashing all the things I said/did during the day, and wondering how things will be the next day.



...the me who doesn't stress about things which are out of my control.

...the me who fully trusts God at all times, especially during the hard times.

That's who I'd want to switch lives with. 

But I must say...

Contrary to what you might believe after reading this post, I really do enjoy my life. 

I have a good job.

I have a wonderful family.

I have great friends.

I'm following the call of God.

Are things perfect?

No. Not even close...

But you know...

Life is good. 

So that's all I can ask for, right?

2 comments:

  1. Great take on this! I'd be interested in knowing what your first thought was, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Princess Kate - royalty, money, fame, beauty, awesomeness :)

      Delete