Saturday, September 17, 2016

Stories from My Classroom

Lately I've been linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, but today's prompt was just not my thing...

So instead, I decided to share a bit about the kiddos that make my classroom their "home away from home" during the week...



I have 16 students, representing 11 countries and 9 languages, ranging in ability level from one extreme to the other. 

I've said from the beginning that it's a challenge. A fun challenge... But a challenge nonetheless...


It's taken us a little bit, but we've finally settled into our groove, so to speak. 

Anywho - On to the post...

Ask a group of 5th graders to take a serious picture on a Friday afternoon and this is what you get... I love their love of life and laughter. They're so fun!

 

One of our librarians planned a scavenger hunt for my kiddos in the library last week. I was so proud of how well they all worked together, helping each other out. There were no complaints, no whining, and no bossiness either. It was awesome!

 

They worked super hard all week, doing all sorts of assignments and tests in class. So I told them I'd reward them for their hard work on Friday with a game time. And yes, I did make sure all the games were educational in some way. You should've heard the happy chatter and laughter. It was such a fun time :)

 

 

 

 

It was during this game time that I took this picture, which literally made me LOL :) 

 

My crew has basketball practice two afternoons a week. I usually don't have time to go out and watch them. But I did last week. It's so fun seeing the thrill on their faces when they make a basket :)

 

 

I love seeing how much this crew loves reading. Especially when they're reading with a friend or two...

 

Or seeing them explore and build and learn. Their minds are so creative!

 

Chapel is one of their most favorite times of the week. I pray the lessons they learn in Chapel stay with them for years to come...

 

It doesn't matter if we're sorting beans for a science project...

 

Playing Memory Match, practicing various letter sounds...

 

Finishing an open book science test...

 

Drawing a self-portrait...

 

Working on a group project...

 

Or even finding new books...

 

It doesn't matter what we're doing, we're ready to rock. That's for sure :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment