Wednesday, September 7, 2016

What Brings Me Joy

Image result for quote about joy

Today I’m linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. Today’s prompt was…

What are 5 things that bring you joy?

When I originally read through the list of prompts, I thought today's would be an easy one. 

But choosing just 5 things were tough.

At any rate, here we go. Here are the first five joy-causing items that came to mind...

*one*

God



This one is an obvious choice. What can bring me more joy? If it weren't for my relationship with God, I'd have no joy at all. 

I can't imagine a life without Him. 

*two*

Family

Displaying IMG_6696.JPG

I am so incredibly blessed to have been born into the family I call mine. If it weren't for them, I fully believe that I never would've made it this far in life. I couldn't have hand-picked a better, more loving, more encouraging, more caring, more amazing family. I call them my favorite people and it's true. They definitely bring me joy.

*three*

these 16

 

These 16 may give me a run for my money during the week, but the truth is that my life would have so much less joy without them in it. These 16 can almost always bring a smile to my face. What a blessing they are!

*four*

doing what God’s called me to do

Image result for lead me where my trust is without borders

Being in the will of God is something that brings me joy for sure. Whether it's now and I'm teaching 5th grade at Dakar Academy in Senegal or before when I was helping my mom care for my sick dad or when I was teaching Special Education in Selma, Alabama. 

Who knows how long I'll be here in Dakar. Only God knows that. What I do know is that wherever I am, if I'm following the will of God, then joy will be in my heart. 

*five*

Image result for the word joy

There are so many more things that bring me joy. There are friends and co-workers. There are special momentos and gifts I've received over the years. There are special foods and decorations. There are books and movies and time spent with those I love. There are special cities and states and countries. There are quotes and verses and special pieces of advice. And there are all sorts of memories too. 

There are so many incredible things that bring joy into my life. It'd take forever to list them all.

I'm blessed. That's for sure!

So what brings you joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment