Monday, September 26, 2016

Ice Cream

Lately I've been linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

But today's prompt didn't really work out, so I decided to go back to a prompt Bailey had given us some time last week...

If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be? Why?

So it got me thinking...

I know what my favorite flavors of ice cream are...

When I'm in Senegal, I love me some obama ice cream. It's chocolate ice cream with chocolate cookies crumbled up inside. It's delicious! 

When I'm in Alabama, I always have to make a stop at Durbin Farms for some delcious peach ice cream. Ah, peach... It's truly a taste of home.

Anywho, back to the prompt...

If you were a flavor of ice cream, what flavor would you be? Why?

Since I wasn't 100% sure, I decided to do a google search for a quiz that'd help me out.

This fun quiz said I should be Vanilla



I liked the description. 

It said I'm tried and true, but far from plain. 

...which is the truth. 

I sometimes think I'm a "plain" person. I'm not fashionable by any means. I'm not "over the top" with my attitude/characteristics/temperament. Ok, well sometimes I'm over the top. But not always. But above all of that, I'm real. I'm true to who I say I am. That's me. So yeah... I'm tried and true. But I'm unique. And the more I think about the things that make me unique, I realize I really am indeed - far from plain. After all, I'm me. 

It said I'm happy with the little things in life - a good book, a nice day, or just spending time with the family.

I like that. It's so true. In fact, I often blog about the "little" things in life... These are the seeminly small things that bring me the most joy. I can be so happy to spend a Saturday curled up in my PJs, sitting in my comfy chair, reading a book. I get happy when the weather's nice and calm and life is going nicely. And the Lord knows that my happiest times are when I'm with my family and those I'm closest to. I love spending time with those that mean the most to me. That's my family, my friends, my students. Yes - All of those things may be considered "little," but they all make me so very happy.

So I'll take that description.

I'll be vanilla ice cream.

Although, I will say this...

Ironically enough, I hate vanilla ice cream. It's just not my thing.

But, hey - that's not the point. Right? :)




No comments:

Post a Comment