Sunday, September 18, 2016

My Homemade Planner/Calendar

Today I'm linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. 

Today's prompt is...

What is one product that simplifies your life?

The more I thought about this prompt, I realized just how much my "homemade" planner simplifies my life...

 

I bought this little notebook at Charming Charlie's this summer. It's the perfect size for a "homemade" calendar. 

I only needed a few materials.

A notebook...

 

A gluestick...

 

A pack of colorful sharpies... 

Oh, and if those sharpies happen to be held in a mug with pictures of my two favorite girls, then that's even better.

 

Because the paper is super thin and the ink from the sharpies bleed through the pages, I glue one page to another...

 

The first step is drawing the outline for the monthly calendar...

 

 

And trust me. The month fills up fast!

 

But that's not all this little book contains...

There's a good reminder for me every single time I open this planner up...

 

There's a To Do List...

 

There's a page to Think Ahead...

 

There are the lessons I've learned throughout the month...

 

There's a meal planning sheet...

 

And a page for random notes...

 

And my monthly blog planning sheet too...

 

I'm the one who forgets unless I write it down. 

And I honestly have so much going on, but there's no way I'd ever get it all done without this planner reminding me.

Plus I'm a big To Do List maker. So all the lists it contains make me happy too :)

So yes, this planner most definitely qualifies for today's post. 

It most definitely simplifies my life.

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea. So many planners out there but none seem to be "just right" for one reason or another. Great to make it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative- awesome planner!

    Emily
    www.EmilyRiane.com

    ReplyDelete