Saturday, September 10, 2016

A Day in the Life

Today I’m linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. Today’s prompt was…

Share with us a day in your life.

For this post, I'm sharing tidbits from my day yesterday, September 9th.

I took my first photo at 5 am. I'm definitely more of a morning person than a night person, but 5:00 is still tough some days :)

 

By 6:00, I was at the table, eating breakfast and reading my Bible. 

 

By 7:00, I'd already arrived in my classroom, ready to start the day. One of the coolest parts of my mornings is seeing the sunrise many mornings. I actually took this picture on my way in a couple days ago. But it's the same view I saw yesterday...

 

My kids were super squirrely yesterday, but they got their work finished, so hey... 

Anywho, in the midst of all that, I sent a few at a time to return/check out new library books. I have a class full of readers!

 

One of our assignments yesterday was to edit a paragraph. They thought the book's example was boring. So I came up with my own. Do you know how painful this was to type/read?!

 

After lunch, we went to the library for their annual 5th Grade Scavenger Hunt. My kids have been talking about this ALL WEEK LONG! They absolutely LOVED it! And I loved seeing all the good, positive teamwork going on. My teacher's heart was full of pride over these babies yesterday ;)

 

 

 

 

After that we headed to Elementary Chapel, where I was the speaker. Our first activity of chapel was to draw a self-portrait and think about the gifts (skills/talents) we have...

 

 

 

I love the opportunity I have to pour into the lives of our little ones... What a blessing it is to be a part of this ministry!

 

After chapel, it was time for my kiddos to head home and me to have a staff meeting.  

Then after that, I spent some time chatting with friends before heading back to my classroom to do some grading.

As I was flipping through some papers my students had done, I found this one...

 

Look at the upper right corner. Seriously? Somebody totally made my day :)

 

Like seriously... I questioned myself as a teacher yesterday. On the more difficult days, it happens. I wonder if I truly got through to them. The concepts we learned were hard. And I felt like a bit of a failure as a teacher... But then I see something like that...

Anywho, after finishing up with that, I ate my supper (in my classroom where there was A/C). Tonight's meal was 5 Cheese Pizza.

After that, I headed home to change and then came back out to watch our kids and staff play handball.

 

Oh... And halfway through the night, I may or may not have went with a friend to her classroom to escape the heat and humidity by sitting in the A/C while she cleaned and I enjoyed a frozen bissap ;)

 

Oh my word is it hot and humid this time of year. It's almost unbearable. Ugh! 

Anywho... Once handball finished, I headed home and read for a little while...

 

Then I laid down some ground beef for tomorrow's supper. We're having tacos!

 

I ended up sleeping on the couch last night. There's a far better wind draft (breeze) in my living room than there is in my bedroom. And thank goodness for this fan!!

 

After watching a tv show or two, I put the finishing touches on this post. Then I headed on to bed.

All in all, I'd say it was a good day. It involved a job I love, ministry I'm passionate about, friends I'm grateful for, and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment