Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Wish More People Knew...

Today I'm linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. 

Today's prompt is...

What do you wish more people knew?

I often prep these posts ahead of time. ...especially since I'm writing every single day as part of this Challenge. So I had today's post prepped and ready to list all the things I wish people knew about being a missionary and being a teacher. But then, as I reread it the other day, I realized it wasn't quite right. So I scrapped that idea and started this one... 

And now I'm making a list of things I wish more people know about me.

I wish more people knew...

...that I wrote that post about de-stressing with REST on Friday. And I've had to battle worry/anxiety more strongly than ever before ever since. I know it's nothing but an attack of the devil. But y'all, it's been a big one.

...that due to past hurts, I don't take the word "friend" lightly. If I consider someone my friend, that's a big deal. I am eternally grateful for the friends God has placed in my life.

...that I love teaching with all my heart. But I absolutely hate the bureaucratic stuff that goes along with it. It doesn't matter if you're in the States or in Senegal. It's just something that goes with the territory. And it's something that educational professionals everywhere have to deal with.

...that out of all the areas in which I'm qualified to teach, Special Education is my favorite. And I really do miss teaching it. ...a lot! In fact, I never realized just how much I would miss teaching it when I left Alabama earlier this year.

...that I tend to be a dreamer. I tend to fixate on an idea - a truly great idea - and work my hardest to figure out how to make it happen. The problem is when not everyone is as passionate as you on that idea. So then, you're left feeling utterly frustrated and defeated when it doesn't work out. Ugh... Why do I have to be a dreamer??

...that I love this adventure that God's called me on. I love being a missionary. I love that my mission field is my classroom. I love that I get to combine two things I'm incredibly passionate about (missions and teaching). I love all of that. But at the same time, I wish people knew that the life of a missionary is hard sometimes. It's not always the bed of roses our Facebook posts and newsletters and all make it seem.

...that I struggle with self-confidence. Most people have no clue because I can put on a brave front better than the rest of them. But inside, I'm struggling. I constantly question if I'm a good teacher, a good missionary, a good friend, etc. 

...that I am hating the extremely high heat and humidity we're having right now. I think it's affecting me even more so than normal because it's causing me to not sleep as well. I so miss being able to sleep in a room with A/C. Anyone have an extra $600-$800 lying around and want to pay to have an A/C installed in my bedroom? Kidding...sort of :)

...that I don't always fill a post with a whole lot of complaints. I honestly don't.

...that I'm having a bit of a hard time at the moment. And since this is my way of expressing my thoughts and opinions, I feel free to share my heart openly and honestly. 

...that if you want to say a prayer for God to calm my mind and my heart, I wouldn't be opposed :)

And lastly, I wish more people knew...

...that if you read this post to the end, I so appreciate you. Thanks for sticking with me in this total externally processing rambling list I've written. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment