Saturday, September 24, 2016

Q & A

Lately I've been linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, but today's prompt wasn't my thing.

So...

Q and A time, it is :)

Coffee or tea?

Tea - I hate coffee!

How'd you spend your last off day?

Does today count? Our annual Staff Retreat is this weekend. And it couldn't have come at a better time. Anywho - Today's plans include napping in my A/C'd room, eating some delicious food, catching up on reading, hanging out with friends and co-workers, and doing quite a bit of this...

 

When you were younger, what did you say you wanted to be when you grew up?

It's never changed. For as long as I can remember, I've wanted to be a teacher.

Are you a late sleeper or an early riser?

I'm definitely an early riser. But if I have the chance, I'm a big of a good midmorning or afternoon nap:)

What's your official title at work?

For the missions side of things, I'm a Missionary Associate with the Assemblies of God. And for the teaching side of things, I'm a 5th Grade (General Ed.) Teacher.

How many hours a week do you work?

Officially 40... But if you add up the time I spend workings before/after school and on the weekends, that'd be about 10-15 more hours.

Do you like to cook?

I really do. It's a bit of a de-stresser for me. And I especially like when I'm able to Bjcook for others. Hospitality is my thing :)

Pet peeve(s)?

*People smacking when they eat. 
*People discrediting the abilities of kids who receive Special Ed or ESL services.
*People saying how "easy" my job is.

Read any good books lately?

I have. I brought a stack with me to read this weekend while lounging in the A/C or maybe out by pool.

When was the last time someone cooked for you?

Some friends brought me dinner on Wednesday.

 

What's your longest work day?

Wednesdays - I wake up at 5 a.m. I put in a full day of teaching, with only a 30 minute break and a lunch "break" (which isn't a break). Then we have Kids Club immediately after school, which ends at 4:45. I have to wait 'til the last kids leave, which usually doesn't happen 'til 5:00 or a little after. Then I go back to my classroom to clean up and prep for the next day. So I usually don't get home 'til around 6:30 or 7ish.

What was for breakfast today?

a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich , juice, and hot tea with a splash of milk 

 

Favorite ethnic food?

Mexican is my favorite. But I do love some good Asian food, too. Thai, Korean, Chinese... Yum! I love it!

Are you a dreamer or a realist?

Oh, I'm definitely a dreamer.

How do you unwind at the end of the day?

I'll usually read a book or watch some movie/tv show that doesn't require a lot of thought. No point in using brain power that late in the day. Right? :)

Heard any good quotes lately?

I just added this one to my bulletin board in my classroom. I love it :)

 

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Who knows?

Finish this sentence... A world without ________ would be a great place.

hatred - racism - idiots

Who inspires you the most?

my Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment