Thursday, September 1, 2016

What's Up August

Can y'all believe how fast time is flying by?

It's already the last Wednesday of August! Ok, so clearly this post was meant for yesterday. But I was sick and stuck at home all day, where I still don't have internet thanks to a stupid phone line that doesn't want to work. Boo :( 

Anywho, back to the post...

Today I'm linking up with  MelShay, and Sheaffer for this month's What's Up Wednesday post.

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

Honestly... There's been nothing terribly exciting cooked in my house lately. I've been so tired by the end of the day, that when I got home each night, I crashed. 

Image result for meme i'm too tired to cook

What am I reminiscing about?

My very first class at DA when I came 7 years ago. They were the cutest little 3rd graders. It's crazy to think that this crew is in the 10th grade this year :)


What am I loving?

I'm loving having my squirrely crew back in school. My life is so much more fun with them around.


What have I been up to?

I've been prepping for Kids Club, which will start back in just 2 weeks. I've been typing up lessons, finding music, prepping crafts, recruiting volunteers, and so much more. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

What am I dreading?

Germs. Ugh... A teacher friend shared this on Facebook and I thought it was hilarious :)

Inline image 1

What am I working on?

Due to the incredibly varied ability levels represented by my students this year, I decided to teach both Math and Reading in groups. However, do to a few changes in our schedules, meetings, sicknesses (both of the students and myself), and more, it just hasn't worked yet. But, this weekend I will spend time figuring out how to make it work for my crew. It will be done! I feel like The Little Engine that Could. I think I can. I think I can. But instead, it's I know I will. I know I will. :)


What am I excited about?

I made plans for Christmas Break thanks to the combination of a financial blessing I received this summer and my state tax refund finally coming in! 

Want to know where I'm going? 


What am I watching?

My kids have already earned their first reward! So we watched Charlie and The Chocolate Factory since we just finished reading the book for our class read aloud. We also may or may not be watching parts of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, too, as part of our unit on comparing/contrasting :)

Image result for willy wonka and the chocolate factory

What am I reading?

I was home sick yesterday, so I read a lot. I read Finding Zoe, The Lady Elizabeth, and The Camel Bookmobile. I also studied a little in my Berean books and did a few lessons in my ASL book.


What am listening to?

At the moment, I'm sitting in my classroom (A/C and wifi - neither of which I have at home), so I'm listening to the MS/HS kids outside playing while at Youth Group. I hear lots of talking and laughter. I love it :)

What am I wearing?

That'd be a smaller pair of jeans. Yay for losing weight! It may not be a lot, but hey... Even a little bit is more than nothing.


What am I doing this weekend?

We have a mission meeting on Saturday and then I'm planning to do a little lesson planning on Sunday afternoon after church since I'll be gone all day Saturday.

 

What am I looking forward to next month?

Kids Club starts back!

We have an 2 days off from school!

Staff Retreat!

Image result for Hello September! I'm happy to see you

What else is new?

I have 5 adults willing to help with Kids Club this year. I'm not going to know what to do with myself, having that much help :)

Image result for PRaise the lord


No comments:

Post a Comment