Wednesday, September 14, 2016

It's Tea Time

Today I'm linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where she gave us the prompt to write about our current mood or something that inspires us, which pretty much gives us free reign to write about whatever we want.

I'm also joining Amber and Erin for their bi-monthly Coffee Date link-up, where we pretend like we're having coffee with a friend and chatting about what's currently going on in our lives. Although, as we all know, I'm not a fan of coffee. So instead...

Image result for it's time for tea

If you and I sat down to drink some tea, I would tell you that there is a lot on my mind today, so it's a good thing that we're not having to pay for this tea. Since we have so much to talk about, we're going to probably need quite a few refills. :)

*one*

   

Today's the day that KIDS CLUB started back at DA! These pictures are from Kids Club a few years back. Are these not the cutest kids ever?! :) 

So, what is KIDS CLUB, you ask...

It's an amazingly wonderful ministry of my school. We meet with our elementary students one afternoon a week. During that time, we share a Bible lesson, prayer time, songs, games, and crafts with the kids. I feel incredibly blessed that God called me to head up this ministry this school year. And I look forward to seeing how God uses this time each week for the other workers, and myself to pour into the lives of the boys and girls placed in our care. This is such a valuable ministry and I'm happy to be just a small part of it.

*two*

Image result for mark twain quote 20 years from now

I am such a dreamer. I think big and it's hard for me to reign in those thoughts and hopes and dreams. I love the Mark Twain quote above. I think it's great that I dream big and that I go after my dreams. I don't want to wake up in 20 years and regret that I sat still and didn't give it my very all in pursuit of my dreams. So with that said, I have a big dream on my heart right now. I'm working out the details on paper at the moment. And once I get it all worked out that way, I'll present it to the proper "dream catchers." So, if you think about it, feel free to throw out a prayer for God's will to be done in this dream/situation.

*three*


I'm getting ready to send out a letter pretty soon, asking for prayer for God's provisions over my finances. As I see my cash account dwindling, due to some of my monthly support commitments not coming in, I've had to remind myself that God called me here at this time. God knows what I need, when I need it. So I've found this phrase has been on my heart quite a bit lately. 

*four*



I've been stressing and worrying about a certain situation. I've been so eat up internally with stress over this for quite a while. And while I prayed about it, I didn't really fully hand it over to God. I just said a quick prayer and went on with my stress and worrying. Well, I was in the middle of praying over our lesson in Kids Club this afternoon and said the words, "Jesus, help us to remember that just as you calmed the storm that day for the disciples, you can also calm the storms in our hearts and minds." And it was right then, that God said, "You believe it enough to teach it to the children. You assure the children that I'm strong enough to calm the storms in their hearts and minds. What about the storm in your heart and mind? Do you trust me enough to hand over the storms to me?" Oh my word... It was like a punch in the gut. Here I am teaching these children to trust and believe and I was struggling with it myself. I apologized to God for lacking the trust to put it all in His powerful hands. And it was like a major weight as been lifted. How freeing!

*five*

 

I bought this notebook at a Charming Charlie's store back in June. At the time, I didn't really have a clear idea of what I'd do with it. I just knew I liked the phrase on the front and it was in the 50% off basket and only cost me $2.99, so I got it. Anywho - Fast forward to September 1st. My planner ran out and I realized I hadn't bought a new one. So, here came this little notebook to the rescue, courtesy of a little DIY and some creative juices flowing. I'll probably be blogging about it later in the week. I did a pretty good job on it, if I do say so myself ;)

*six* 

 

It's been 3 years (this week) since my grandpa passed away and 1 1/2 (well, a little less) since my dad passed away. I so miss both of these guys...

No comments:

Post a Comment