Thursday, September 15, 2016

Adventure

Today I'm linking up with Bailey at Braveloveblog, as part of her annual Blogtember Challenge, where bloggers write/post every single day in the month of September.

Each day Bailey gives a prompt for bloggers to use in writing. 

Today's prompt is...

What is the craziest adventure you've ever been on?

Image result for you call me out upon the waters

I started the biggest adventure of my life a little over 7 years ago. 

It was on July 30th, 2009 that I stepped onto Senegalese soil for the very first time. I didn't feel brave. I felt SCARED senseless. I was starting a new life, far away from family, home, and every bit of comfort I had ever known (minus God, of course).


Image result for quote God lead me to trust borders

I really did have to trust in God 100%. While this new adventure He'd called me on was fun and exciting, it was also scary. The fear of the unknown can be a bit terrifying at times.

Image result for i will keep my eyes above the waves

I'd love to say that the past 7 years have been super easy. I'd like to say that every little detail has fallen into place perfectly every step of the way. But I can't say either of those things. It's been hard at times. I've struggled. I've hurt. I've worried and I've stressed.

Image result for i will keep my eyes above the waves

But even through the difficult times, I've had God by my side. He's never left me. He's never forsaken me. He's been my guide every step of the way through this adventure.

Image result for your grace abounds in deepest waters Your sovereign hand Will be my guide

And do you want to know something? 

It has been scary. Thats true. But still... God has totally blessed me in so many more ways than I could ever describe or even imagine. I've had amazing students come through the doors of my classrooms. I've worked with amazing co-workers. I've made invaluable friendships. And I've continued to love and be loved by the most wonderful family around. 

Image result for you've never failed and you won't start now

I serve a big God who loves me and cares for me and helps me on this adventure that God's called me on... It's the adventure that is my life and ministry in Senegal, West Africa. 

P.S. Shoutout to Hillsong United and their song, "Oceans."

No comments:

Post a Comment