Monday, September 14, 2015

20 questions

20 Questions (and 20 Answers):

Favorite ethnic food:

I love me some Mexican food. It's definitely my favorite and I try and get it any chance I can.

But with that said, most Asian food would be a very close second. I love Chinese, Thai, and Korean food the best. Yum!

Flip flops or high heels:

Y'all I'm definitely a flip flops kind of girl.

The few pairs of heels I own are typically collecting dust in my closet. Occasionally I'll break them out for work, though. But when that happens, nine times out of ten, I'll end up in flip flops by the end of the day. 

Favorite place to shop for yourself:

Clothes - Cato, Lane Bryant. But I only buy on clearance. I'm cheap like that. And if we're talking about buying cheap, I do love Walmart and a good thrift store, too :)

Anything else - Target is my happy place! 

Standard coffee order:

Coffee = yuck!! I stick with hot tea. 

If it's plain ol' black tea, I like it with a little splash of milk and a tiny bit of sugar. 

If it's a flavored version, I prefer the chai latte. And if it's during Fall, I really love pumpkin spiced chai lattes.

And if it's Christmas time, I love me some hot cocoa (especially if there's a little peppermint in it)... :)

Road-trip must-have snack:

Does water count? I almost always have a bottle or cup of water with me.

As for food... I love either sunflower seeds or some kind of candy (skittles or sour patch kids mostly).

DIY or hire out:

I'd love to be a DIY girl, but y'all I am so not that creative. 

Top 5 TV shows:

In no particular order...

1. Chopped 2. Cutthroat Kitchen/Guy's Grocery Games (tied) 3. Imractu 4. Big Bang Theory 5. Duck Dynasty 6. Family Feud (but only the ones with Steve Harvey as host)

I honestly don't watch a lot of tv. I could honestly live without it. Half of the time, it's just filler noise in the background. Unless it's new/funny and then I'm glued in :)

Favorite book:

I know it's a bit cliché, but I really do love reading the Bible. It's definitely my favorite!

But past that... I love pretty much anything by Mark Batterson. Soulprint was my most favorite, followed by The Circle Maker. But honestly, I've loved all of his books.

Favorite form of exercising:

I love jogging/walking...especially if I can be outside. I love looking at the flowers, trees, and the sky and I also love listening to the birds chirping. Look at me loving nature :)

How tall are you?

5’6″

Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites?

I typically order the same thing each time I go to a restaurant. Every once in a while I'll branch out, but that's rare...

One make up item you can’t live without:

Does chap stick count? ...because that's the extent of my make-up :)

What’s on your nightstand?

my cell phone, a bottle of water, the house phone, chapstick, and the necklace I wear pretty much every day 

 magical and I cherish the heck out of them, but that’s not always real life.

Song that reminds you of high school:

Mmmbop by Hansen (or maybe this was middle school... I don't remember.)

If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city, where would you live?

If you know me at all, you know the answer to this: Dakar, Senegal, West Africa.

...or London, England :)

Websites you read/browse (besides blogs)

Facebook, USA Today, Bible Gateway

Favorite breakfast meal:

A breakfast bowl with hash browns, scrambled eggs with peppers & onion, sausage, cheese, salsa, and sour cream

Favorite part(s) of your job:

1) Seeing that "lightbulb moment" in a child's eyes 2) proving idiots who say my kids cannot learn wrong 3) summers/major holidays off with pay

Least favorite part(s) of your job:

1) early mornings/late nights 2) sometimes not having all the resources I need 3) seeing kids affected by bad home lives

Anything else on your mind:

Being a Special Ed teacher in America is hard work. Some people (even other education professionals) have NO clue! Trust me. After a day like today, I could go on for hours and hours, but I'm biting my tongue...

No comments:

Post a Comment