Thursday, September 10, 2015

Classroom Tour


This evening I'm linking up with Andrea from Momfessionals for a Teacher Tuesday (oops... Thursday) and giving you a tour of my classroom. 


Welcome to Room 204. 

In this room, we're learning there's a world outside of our city, state, and even country.


We're improving our Reading skills and learning how we can go on adventures through reading books.

 
My students come either by themselves, or in small groups, and we spend most of our time at this table...


We work on meeting our goals and improving ourselves academically and socially.


Another place my students spend a lot of time is by these folders. While they do need my teaching and guidance, I'm trying to teach my friends to learn to work independently. Not only is this a good task in school, but also in life. We don't always have someone sitting right beside us helping us out. Plus, when we know there's a "job" we can do, and do well, it boosts our confidence.


One of my students' favorite spots in the room is here at my desk, working with the ABC magnets. 


I love the little stools I got. They're so bright and cheerful. And hey, they were only $5 a piece at our local Family Dollar. 

*Don't tell anybody, but they're actually little metal patio decoration tables.


I have to do a lot of paperwork. Typically my desk ends up like this by the end of the day...


But this year I made it my mission to improve this. I got this red hanging file system, which is the perfect size to hold folders/papers for each of my students...


I also bought this storage box for bringing paperwork home and actually containing it in a nice, neat stack.


We enjoy learning through all sorts of different methods, especially through educational games. 




We use up a lot of supplies. Praise Jesus for Walmart and cheap school supplies.


And that's my classroom. Thanks for coming on this tour. Now I'm off to finish up my monthly newsletter to pass out to the general ed teachers I work with.


No comments:

Post a Comment