Thursday, September 10, 2015

5 People I'd Love to Meet

My mom and I were chatting the other night and this subject came up...

If you were having a fictitious dinner party and you could invite any five people I want - dead or alive, who would you invite?

So on my invite list, in no particular order, are...

1. Mary Hand 

This is the lady who I'm named after and the only grandparent I never got to meet. She was maybe 4'11, but apparently had the most spunky personality you'd ever meet. Family was her world, right after God. I often wonder what it would've been like to sit with her, chat about life, and just get to know her (in person, and not just through stories). 


From 1910 to 1961 (with the exception of a few years here or there in the U.S.), this lady ran an orphanage in Egypt. She is the epitomy of what I want to become. My absolute biggest dream job is to run an orphanage and work with children the world has cast aside. This lady's story has always fascinated and inspired me. And I would have so loved to have gotten the chance to live during her time and meet her and hear her story first hand.


So I'd have to learn how to sign, but since we're in imagination land, I'd already know how to do that. But seriously, this woman's story intrigues me so much. I'd love to pick her brain and get tips from her on how to work with kids who society thinks can't learn. Because we all know Ms. Keller is one of the best examples of overcoming adversity and telling the world to kiss her bum.

4. Jesus

Yes I do know that Jesus is in my heart and is always with me. But seriously... How cool would it be to live back in Bible times and have Jesus Christ come eat at your house? Can you imagine? :)

5. My Dad

There's so much I want to tell him about. ...especially now that I'm going to be heading back to Senegal next year (providing everything gets raised/done in time). Oh what I'd give to be able to talk to him again, to pour out my heart, to get advice, to get a big hug from him, and to hear him say he's proud of me again. But you know what I think I may miss the most... I miss hearing him pray for me. My dad didn't believe in saying "ok, I'll pray" and just leaving it at that. No. He would immediately pray - and not some simple, quick prayer. These were intense, praying through type prayers. So I'd definitely love to have my dad at this fictitious dinner :)

Those are my 5.

Now who would you invite?

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure your dad is so proud of you! I'm a total daddy's girl so I totally get that bond :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic guest list! I would LOVE to chat with Helen Keller.
    Your dad seems like he was a really special man. Immediately stopping to pray for someone is an action that speaks volumes.
    -Reba
    www.petersenbabytobee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete