Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bucket List

Once upon a time I made a bucket list. If I remember correctly, it read something like this...

1) graduate from college

2) get married 

3) have a house full of kids 

4) live in Africa, running an orphanage

Well, I can check off #1. I did that...twice! 

And I can give a half check (is that even a thing?) to #4.  I have, indeed, lived in Africa. 

Anywho...

I was thinking about my bucket list the other day. And I thought now might be a good time to do a rewrite. 

So as I enter this 30th year of life, here is my new, revised bucket list. Except, this isn't a list to complete before I die. 

Rather, it's a list of "guidelines" to live by for the rest of my days (which won't end 'til I'm well over 100, of course)...

1) Have a job I'm passionate about. 

2) Cherish time with family.

3) Appreciate all God's blessed me with.

4) Never stop learning.

5) Make wise choices.

6) Be willing to try new things.

7) Accept my lot in life.

8) Plan for the future...but be okay with how God may change those plans.

9) Embrace the Fruit of the Spirit.

10) Allow the light of God to shine through me so others may see Him.

Will I do perfectly at all 10? 

I doubt it. I'm human. I stumble. I struggle. 

But will I give it 100%?

Absolutely!

1 comment:

  1. Love your new list! Even if you don't accomplish those at 100%, any progression would bring such peace!

    ReplyDelete